New Pricing

Off-Topic Discussions

Re: New Pricing

Postby Jonathan » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:35 am

Thanks Brent.

It's a bit too early to think about AU right now, so I can't say for certain. But after the program is ported, I don't see why not.
Jonathan

Postby Masarin » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:27 pm

Yay! Just bought.
Masarin

Postby rajmond » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:09 pm

so. first post, i haven't even downloaded the free version yet - but I must say i find it mighty interesting. modular synthesizers, sequencers etc is for me ... Normally I use buzztracker and frankly it seems as it is sharing a lot of points in modularity with audiogl... (however - I don't know yet). So soon we'll see if it will be worth those 80 bucks or not.

Frankly though, a word of advice, buzztracker as been around since the whatnot early 2000's and kept developing for a long time even though the guy who wrote it (oskari tamellin) stopped developing it... All because it was free. and when you lock it up in 80 dollars... well. maybe you should at least consider a free version for developers to keep your software alive and take some of the workload of you?... just and idea.
"Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done." - Robert A. Heinlein
http://auto-auto.se
http://pippig.deadlymedia.se
rajmond

Postby rajmond » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:01 pm

ok. this is cool. when is VST-support due? I'm buying when that comes.
and an undo function.
"Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done." - Robert A. Heinlein
http://auto-auto.se
http://pippig.deadlymedia.se
rajmond

Postby Jonathan » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:51 pm

VST support is the next thing after Rewire support.
Jonathan

Postby froggy » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:35 am

Absolutely thrilled about the open beta, incredible piece of software you've got on your hands Jonathan.

Also, I was delighted to discover that AudioGL functions perfectly in Wine, so you Mac users who are waiting for a release you can still get your hands on it now.
froggy

Postby dsu » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:04 am

Froggy,

Interesting about Audio GL running with wine on the mac.

As both Windows and OS-x get more and more bloated, I have wondered whether the future of audio is Wine and Linux. With Linux you could get a very tuned and minimal Os configuration with wine you could run standard software. Apparently Reaper also supports wine.

With so much music development happening in Germany and Germany having a very strong Linux community it seems there might be an environment to make it happen.
dsu

Postby caecos » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:46 pm

The price is quite right and the beta version is already powerfull enough... The graphics are fantastic.
caecos

Postby Michael Jay » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:53 pm

Ok I'm lost about what's going on with the Mac version!?
Where can I find an update on this subject please someone... :?:
Michael Jay

Postby Jonathan » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:43 pm

Michael Jay wrote:Ok I'm lost about what's going on with the Mac version!?
Where can I find an update on this subject please someone... :?:

I haven't released any updates, but am still aiming for a release this year. I don't really know what to say about it in an update - it's all just technicalities. I have the windowing systems ported over to Mac, and I still have to sort out timing and file systems, along with a few other things. Then we'll have to do some bug fixing.
Jonathan

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion