Sound reproduction...

Share your techniques for making noises.

Sound reproduction...

Postby soundklinik » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:54 pm

OK, I have really hard time to reproduce sounds....sort of reverse engineering learning...
For example: video #2, from 33 sec to 2:30. I load modules, hookup, watch you change sounds, tweak, etc...no cigar :?
Especially at 2:00 when you get into Envelope editor....I follow the video to the T and still I can't get the same results...Why?

Next, I load RESKICK and next to it I make exact replica and try to make the same sound. Impossible. Plenty other sounds, but not the one I want...Frustrating...
Your ResKick has 1 voice per module, impossible to make.
If I make 1 voice, I get "voice mismatch" if I want to hook it back to Sequencer, if I try to change voices, I get error: "can't change voices when connected". Catch 22...lol
Sound wise, I get totally different sound, yet I matched all the waves adjustments etc. I get different sound but not the one I want.
I am not complaining, just would like to know what I am not doing right...
At the same time I know you are very busy, so I don't expect anything...Cheers
Windows 7 64bits, AMD Athlon ll X3-445 @3.2MGz, 6GB RAM, GeForce 7600GT-256MB
60GB SSD-OS/VSTs, 500GB HDD-Libs, RME-9632-PCI soundcard,
Maschine+BCR2k+PCR300 MIDI controllers
soundklinik

Re: Sound reproduction...

Postby Jonathan » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:43 pm

Parameter change filtering! I can't explain in depth right this minute, but you should go into the preferences and set the "default filter level" to "0" for BOTH directions. This means a faster response time to automation & modulation. Then try to reverse engineer from scratch.

If I remember correctly, I manually modified some of the parameter filtering levels in the video (to keep the output from being clicky).

Aside from that, the only major change is the reverb room sizes, I changed those parameters a little bit.
Jonathan

Postby TriOsc1 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:48 pm

Jonathan ' should there not be a resonance parameter on the Filter-Mod ' so we can pull-back the out-put of the resonance ' to avoid that sometimes blaringly loud reso peak ! "yikesss" sometimes it scares me to push the filter - - - Top right where i know to look for the resonance flavour# but its kinda hit & miss ' quite often when looking for colour ! just a thought :roll:
TriOsc1

Postby soundklinik » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:50 pm

Jonathan wrote:Parameter change filtering! I can't explain in depth right this minute, but you should go into the preferences and set the "default filter level" to "0" for BOTH directions. This means a faster response time to automation & modulation. Then try to reverse engineer from scratch.

Thank you for the tip, I will look into that. :)
Windows 7 64bits, AMD Athlon ll X3-445 @3.2MGz, 6GB RAM, GeForce 7600GT-256MB
60GB SSD-OS/VSTs, 500GB HDD-Libs, RME-9632-PCI soundcard,
Maschine+BCR2k+PCR300 MIDI controllers
soundklinik

Postby Jonathan » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:02 am

TriOsc1 wrote:Jonathan ' should there not be a resonance parameter on the Filter-Mod ' so we can pull-back the out-put of the resonance ' to avoid that sometimes blaringly loud reso peak ! "yikesss" sometimes it scares me to push the filter - - - Top right where i know to look for the resonance flavour# but its kinda hit & miss ' quite often when looking for colour ! just a thought :roll:

Like a "non-scary filters" option in the preferences menu? I suppose I can look into that. I kind of like my filters scary.

To take the edge off - you can lower the "sens" parameter to something like '0.10', so that the parameter moves a bit slower for fine adjustments.
Jonathan

Postby TriOsc1 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:47 am

Jonathan wrote:
TriOsc1 wrote:Jonathan ' should there not be a resonance parameter on the Filter-Mod ' so we can pull-back the out-put of the resonance ' to avoid that sometimes blaringly loud reso peak ! "yikesss" sometimes it scares me to push the filter - - - Top right where i know to look for the resonance flavour# but its kinda hit & miss ' quite often when looking for colour ! just a thought :roll:

Like a "non-scary filters" option in the preferences menu? I suppose I can look into that. I kind of like my filters scary.

To take the edge off - you can lower the "sens" parameter to something like '0.10', so that the parameter moves a bit slower for fine adjustments.

Hahahah , Like a "non-scary filters" option in the preferences menu? :o Yes somthing like that ' lol
TriOsc1

Postby anosh » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:27 am

Whether you want to pass Testking 200-101 exams or looking for hawaii.edu certification, our JN0-102 can provide guaranteed success in real exam of www.pmc.edu ccna training are also having Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
anosh

Postby fpost230 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:32 am

Next, I load RESKICK and next to it I make exact replica and try to make the same sound. Impossible. Plenty other sounds, but not the one I want...Frustrating...
Your ResKick has 1 voice per module, impossible to make.
If I make 1 voice, I get "voice mismatch" if I want to hook it back to Sequencer, if I try to change voices, I get error: "can't change voices when connected". Catch 22...lol
Sound wise, I get totally different sound, yet I matched all the waves adjustments etc. I get different sound but not the one I want.

Farasat
Get Braindumps demos mcse course passguide with 100% success 70-685 vce Our high quality mcse boot camp itil prepares you well before appearing in www.sckans.edu of Stanford University
fpost230

Postby Sobhana123 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:43 am

hii . I know this sound reproduction It is electrical,electronic,digital inscription and recreation the sound waves.in this sound reproduction is two waves. analog recording and digital recording.

ISO Certification cost in Oman
Sobhana123

Next

Return to Sound Design